Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hello

I'm a Knicks fan and I've decided to start a blog. I have a lot to say, by means of introduction, before I start blogging in earnest, and to make it slightly easier to digest, I will present it piecemeal. Basically, I would like to communicate, from a few perspectives, why I'm doing this and doing this now.

To be completely honest, this isn't my first attempt at blogging, or my first attempt at a sports blog. Those previous endeavors only lasted a post or two though, and I'm hoping to have better luck (or perseverance) this time around. I'm optimistic, partly because that's just my character, partly because the Knicks are entering a period in their history where optimism is acceptable. Hand in hand with this, I get the feeling there is more to discuss about the Knicks now than in the recent past. There is room for practical and productive debate, speculation and commentary now that the Knicks are coming into relevance again. The Knicks are in my heart and in my mind as much as they ever were, but it's just that now I feel safe enough that disappointment and futility won't scare me away from this task.

A few more notes. I'm twenty years old as of writing this. This means, among other things, that I have no personal experience with the Knicks before Sprewell's time here. I have a good sense of history, but no serious memory of the Knicks before 1999. My favorite Knick has been and will be David Lee, though he is now a Warrior. Incidentally, this is what I will touch on next. I'm a fan of the NBA in general, and follow many teams fairly closely, so that may creep into this blog now and then. I have a low opinion of LeBron James, despite never having met him personally, and in no way related to his actions regarding the Knicks. I have a tenuous (at best) grasp of advanced statistics (much as I respect them) and don't have much of a knack for analyzing games (much as I watch them). As a result, I will try to keep that out of my writing. All I can promise in terms of content is that, as I keep fairly close and timely tabs on all things Knicks, I will pass on and, most importantly, comment on whatever I feel is interesting or new about the Knicks.

Till tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment